Monday, April 6, 2009

what I like about... lamps


Lamps are one of those objects that also never fail to attract my attention. So my "L" day reminded me of lamps.

Why lamps? Well, when lighted they always draw attention of course. Plus their designs are most of the time graceful and symmetrical. Some designs are minimalist while others are ostentatious and sometimes even outrageous.

When looking at lamps, I feel that I am also looking at some architectural design.

However, the one thing that I like about lamps is the shadows they create. The interplay between light and shadows always fascinates me. I can create many stories with this interplay.

Just take a look at the shadows created by this lamp. What does it remind you of? I'm sure something comes to your mind, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...