Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I like about ... quests

“Q” is for quests. This is what immediately came to mind when I thought of “q”.

Quests always remind me of heroes, of knights in shining armour, of impossible dreams.

Just look at Don Quixote and his impossible quest, or Sir Galahad and his quest for the Holy Grail, or even Frodo and his quest to destroy the one ring. All these fictional characters had to undergo numerous difficulties in their quests but all of them became triumphant in the end.

But stories of quests do not have to remain as fiction. We have heard of many true-to-life stories wherein somebody overcomes great difficulties and obstacles and emerged as present-day heroes.

Quests bring out the heroic feeling in every person. They make us dream bigger dreams and we become stronger and more determined in the pursuit of our goal.

Quests remind me of the lyrics of the song, “Impossible Dream” from the movie “Man of La Mancha”...
... “ This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star.”....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...