Monday, July 20, 2009

What I like about ... fa_bles


Image from: http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0210200/ancient_greece/aesop.gif
Who has not encountered fables in his/her childhood? I grew up having Aesop Fables as part of my book and comics collection. I still can remember the stories and the lessons we learned from these fables.

Who can forget "The Ant and the Dove" or "The Ant and the Grasshopper" and their respective lessons about helping each other or preparing for days of necessity?

What about "The Boys and the Frogs"? I can never forget the lesson from this story. That's why it took me a long time before I got used to pithing a frog for dissection. I actually got sick when I got my first frog and we were taught how to pith it. Ah, but this is not the point of this blog, so enough of that.

Anyway, there is "The Crow and the Pitcher" and "The Hare and the Tortoise"...
Oh, I can go on and on about my favorite fables but I think you got the point.

Fables are part of our childhood it's true, but the lessons we learned from them, we bring with us to our adult life.

That's why I like fables. Their stories are simple but their lessons are deep and have far reaching effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...