Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What I like about ... me_mories


"Memories, light the corners of my mind
Misty, water-colored memories of the way we were..."

When I was thinking of what "me" to write about, that line from Barbra Streisand's song from the movie "The Way We Were" came to mind. I started reviewing my memories and I realized that I have mostly happy ones.

We usually speak of fond memories, happy memories because as the song says ... they 'light the corners of my (our) mind'. We rarely speak of sad memories because we don't want to remember things or incidents that make us sad. However, we do (at least I do)remember embarrassing memories because we can laugh about them during retelling.

I must admit I'm a sucker for happy memories. I actually collect them somewhere in my memory brain and I take them out when I need cheering up. It's always good to stash these memories so we can withdraw from them anytime that we need something to "warm the wintry nights". Don't you agree?

So go make your own memory bank. The interest is compounded daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...