Thursday, February 26, 2009

What I like about...clouds


Have you ever imagined playing among the clouds? I have, when I was a little girl. That's a long time ago of course.

My friends and I used to watch clouds go by. We would point out the many different shapes that clouds would assume. We were however more like Charlie Brown who just saw shapes of animals or other characters and not like Linus who saw whole scenes like “the Nativity” or “the parting of the Red Sea”.

I would also imagine then that I have dresses made of clouds or that I could hop from one cloud to another and travel to exciting places.

As I studied science in school, I of course learned to identify the different cloud formations and the kind of weather associated with them. So cumulus, nimbus, stratus, cirrus and their various combination became part of my vocabulary.

Clouds still fascinate me even up to now. I have never outgrown the magical spell they create for me. So even if I already have hundreds of cloud photos, I still take their picture especially if I am on a plane.

I can still remember the first time I have ever seen night clouds while on a plane from Paris to USA. The moon was bright and it had a eerie and mysterious effect on the clouds. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me at that time, so I was not able to take a picture. However, the memory is still with me.

I simply love clouds ... they awaken my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...