Thursday, January 22, 2009

What I like about... being a mother

“I love being a mother”. This thought flashed through my mind as my baby’s fingers curled around my index finger while I was changing his diaper. Even if that was a long time ago, I can still remember the warmth that enveloped my being as the realization hit me.

So what do I like about being a mother? Oh, many things... everything...
...being held on to by little fingers
...getting wet kisses and warm embraces
...being used as a pillow by her/his little head
...teaching babies their first words
...being called “mama”
...holding out my arms as my children made their first steps towards me
...reading bedtime stories
...being told by my children that I should join the Miss Universe contest (ha ha ha!),
...planning birthday parties ....

I could go on and on but I think you understand why I love being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...