Friday, January 23, 2009

What I like about...reading

Reading ... opens new worlds for me
...takes me to places I never dreamed of
...gets me acquainted with other peoples’ culture
...tells me stories about friends, lovers, strangers, aliens,
inventors, artists, ordinary men and women,
extraordinary men and women, heroes, heels, devils, angels, ...etc...
...increases my vocabulary. Just think about such word as
‘onomatopoeia’ or ‘antepenultimate’
...makes my heart sing with love
...gets my nerves excited in suspense
...teaches me about the birds and bees, flowers and trees...
...makes me enter the minds of Einstein or Bernard, Darwin or Mendel
...takes me to the past, the present and the future
...flies me to the moon
...takes me 20,000 leagues under the sea
...provides a stairway to heaven
...made me feel the despair of Van Gogh, the ecstasy of St. Therese
...teaches me techniques about photography, writing, gardening...

I can go on and on again but you know what I mean. I'm sure you can add to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...