Friday, January 30, 2009

What I like about ... writing


Writing, like photography, is another love that I intend to pursue to greater heights. I love writing though I get lazy sometimes. This is one of the reasons why I keep blogs, they more or less “force” me to write daily.

So, what do I like about ... writing?

Just like photography, writing also keeps me focused.
Just like photography, writing also opens up new worlds for me.

With writing, I can talk about data, facts or reality. But with writing, I can also talk about imaginary worlds, beings, things, situations, ... etc.

With writing, I can create stories wherein I can ...
... live happily ever after with my Prince Charming
... be the hero (heroine) in a great adventure
... be the villain that turned the world upside down
... be the star in a blockbuster movie
...visit the Himalayas or climb Mt. Everest, do hang gliding or fly to the stars
... be the one who changed the world
... be the richest man (woman) in the world
... be the greatest writer, photographer, teacher, mother, wife, lover, friend, artist, adventurer,explorer, scientist, designer, ... etc.
...create suspense, mystery, love, peace, health, joy, sadness, adventure, ... etc.
... create a world where everything is in harmony or in chaos depending on how you want it
...be anyone, anything, anywhere I (you) want to be

With writing, creativity is limitless. The only limit is how far your imagination can take you.

-----------
An update: It is now Sept. 20, 2010.

Since I wrote this, I now have joined a writing website. It is fun over there and I have published so far about 40+ articles over there. Come join me at hubpages if you are also interested in writing.
http://hubpages.com/profile/jill+of+alltrades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...