Saturday, January 24, 2009

What I like about...mornings


Mornings are my favourite time of the day. Everything is fresh and new in the morning.

Dewdrops are still clinging to the blades of grasses while the early morning sun is just breaking through the mist.

Mornings always hold new promise, new adventure, new hope, new ...everything.

Mornings remind me of freshly baked bread and the smell of coffee. Hmm, I can almost taste that.

And think about all the morning songs:
“Sunday Morning waking up and touching you
You’re always warm at 9 a.m
Pillows close and I can feel you wanting me
When I go back to sleep again"
- From “I Didn’t Mean to Love You” by Helen Reddy

Or

"Sometimes in the morning, when shadows are deep
I lie here beside you, just watching you sleep
And sometimes I whisper what I'm thinking of:
My cup runneth over with love".
- From “My Cup Runneth Over”

Or

"Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word".
- From “Morning has Broken” as sung by Cat Stevens

Or many others like:
Angel of the Morning ... Some Velvet Morning ... Mornin' Glory ... Sunday Morning Coming Down and Waking Up in the Sun... etc.

Oh, I simply love mornings! Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...